Little Brother's Jacket

This is an old post from an old blog of mine...

He may be considered the "little" brother because of birth order but there is nothing little about my little man! The kids wear the same size and they both wanted me to make jackets which I had never done before.

With his version I experimented a bit more (with technique). I still wanted a fun lining but I added a cord facing. I thought it would keep it more clean looking. I also played around with the sleeves which don't show.

Then I had to add the blue plane buttons to go with the lining and the under collar. Of course that is not in keeping with a pea coat but that is okay.


And I learned that the moment I start gloating to myself about how easy these new techniques were then I made multiple errors. The seam ripper was my friend. Or enemy.

But I look forward to making more of these coats.

But not the pockets. I still do not like pockets--my son uses them for things like rocks and mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment