Tips about Squash

 An old post I salvaged from my old website. I hope you enjoy the second time around!
I used butternut squash and acorn squash for the first time. Be prepared to use a hacksaw to cut these bad boys in half. Or really big muscles. I discovered that it is not easy to cut these raw. I did find that if I got the serrated blade in a bit then I was able to cut enough to pry the squash apart. (note--the acorn squash is tougher).

Once you cut the squash drizzle with your favorite olive oil and seasonings.

Place the butternut squash (the light colored one) down on a baking sheet cut side down. Leave the acorn squash cut side up. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes (the acorn squash will take longer). Remove them when fork tender. I scooped out the flesh and used in a recipe for a delicious cream sauce!

QUESTION: How do you use these two tough guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment